Break the eggs into a bowl, add sugar and whisk.
Add salt, lemon zest, milk and cream.
Allow to sit for 30 minutes.
Fill the egg tart shells and bake at 190°C for 12 to 15 minutes.
The top will darken in patches. This is normal. Allow to cool before serving.
1. Mix flour, salt and water.
2. Dust a chopping board with flour and work the dough into a ball. Cover it with cling wrap. Set aside for 20 minutes.
3. Shape the dough into a rectangle (25cm x 14cm). Combine the dough and salted butter using a rolling pin. Wrap and set aside in a refrigerator for 30 minutes.
4. Cut the log into slices (.75cms each). Place each slice into a well-greased mould or non-stick muffin tin. Using your finger, flatten the dough from the centre outwards and spread it across the mould.
5. Create a raised lip ⅛ inch above the pan. The sides of the pastry should be thinner than the bottom.