Travel plays a huge part in our lives and going on a journey is an exciting adventure but travel also puts life into perspective. When you’re out in the big wide world visiting a foreign land, it’s so much easier to be whoever you want. Here’s a collection of the best travel quotes to inspire you to take that journey, to live the life you deserve and fulfil your dream of exploring faraway places.
When you read these travelling quotes, remember that words are your wand and if these travel quotes inspire you, please share them with others.
- 100 Famous Travel Quotes
- Travel Quotes That Make You Think
- 1- When you’re travelling, you are what you are right there and then. People don’t have your past to hold against you. No yesterdays on the road.” – William Least Heat-Moon, Blue Highways
- 2- “No one has ever described the place where I have just arrived: this is the emotion that makes me want to travel. It is one of the greatest reasons to go anywhere.” – Paul Theroux, The Pillars of Hercules
- 3- “Is there any point in going across the world to eat something or buy something or watch people squatting among their ruins? Travel is a state of mind. It has nothing to do with distance or the exotic. It is almost entirely an inner experience.” – Paul Theroux, Fresh Air Fiend
- Short Travel Quotes
- Short travel quotes to use for Instagram and Twitter
- 4- “Travel makes one modest. You see what a tiny place you occupy in the world.” -Gustav Flaubert
- 5- “To travel is to live” – Hans Christian Anderson
- 6- “Life is either a daring adventure or nothing at all” – Helen Keller
- 7- “The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes, but in having new eyes.” – Marcel Proust
- 8- “One’s destination is never a place, but a new way of seeing things.” -Henry Miller
- 9- “If you reject the food, ignore the customs, fear the religion and avoid the people, you might better stay home.” -James Michener
- 10-“To travel is to discover that everyone is wrong about other countries.” – Aldous Huxley
- 11- “The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page.” – Agustine of Hippo
- 12- “I never travel without my diary. One should always have something sensational to read on the train.” – Oscar Wilde
- 13- “The heaviest baggage for a traveller is an empty wallet.” – English Proverb
- 14- “I travel not to go anywhere, but to go. I travel for travel’s sake. The great affair is to move.” – Robert Louis Stevenson
- 15- Not all that wander are lost.” – Tolkien
- 16- “Live your life by a compass, not a clock.” – Stephen Covey
- 17- “Travel is the only thing you buy that makes you richer.” -Unknown
- 18- “There Are No Foreign Lands. It Is The Traveler Only Who Is Foreign.” – Robert Louis Stevenson
- Short travel quotes to use for Instagram and Twitter
- Journey Quotes
- Famous Quotes About The Journey
- 19- “The journey is the reward.” – Robert Louis Stevenson
- 20- “A journey is a person in itself; no two are alike. And all plans, safeguards, policing, and coercion are fruitless.” – John Steinbeck, Travels with Charley
- 21- “I see my path, but I don’t know where it leads. Not knowing where I’m going is what inspires me to travel it.” – Rosalia de Castro
- 22- “Better to travel hopefully than to arrive” – English proverb
- 23- “The journey itself is my home.” – Bashō Matsuo
- 24- “Man cannot discover new oceans unless he has the courage to lose sight of the shore.” – Andre Gide
- 25- “He who does not travel does not know the value of men.” – Moorish proverb
- 26- “A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.” – Lao Tzu
- 27- “I did not write half of what I saw, for I knew I would not be believed.” – Marco Polo, on his deathbed
- 28- “All travel has its advantages. If the passenger visits better countries, he may learn to improve his own. And if fortune carries him to worse, he may learn to enjoy it.” – Samuel Johnson
- 29- “So shut up, live, travel, adventure, bless and don’t be sorry” – Jack Kerouac
- 30- “Stop worrying about the potholes in the road and enjoy the journey.”
- 31- “The road of life twists and turns and no two directions are ever the same. Yet our lessons come from the journey, not the destination. – Don Williams, Jr.
- 32- “Wandering re-establishes the original harmony which once existed between man and the universe.” – Anatole France
- 33- “Arriving there is what you are destined for. Ithaka gave you the marvellous journey.” – C.P.Cavafy
- 34- “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” – Mark Twain
- Famous Quotes About The Journey
- Safe Journey Quotes
- Quotes To Wish Someone A Safe Journey
- 35- “In the desert of life the wise travel by caravan, while the fool prefers to travel alone.” – Arab Proverb
- 36- “A ship in harbor is safe, but that is not what ships are built for” – John A. Shedd
- 37- “A man of ordinary talent will always be ordinary, whether he travels or not; but a man of superior talent will go to pieces if he remains forever in the same place.” – Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart
- Quotes To Wish Someone A Safe Journey
- Wise Travel Quotes
- Beautiful travel quotes that impart wisdom
- 38- “Once a year, go somewhere you have never been before.” – Dalai Lama
- 39- “Wherever you go becomes a part of you somehow.” – Anita Desai
- 40- “We travel, some of us forever, to seek other places, other lives, other souls.” –Anais Nin
- 41- “We are travelers on a cosmic journey, stardust, swirling and dancing in the eddies and whirlpools of infinity. Life is eternal. We have stopped for a moment to encounter each other, to meet, to love, to share. This is a precious moment. It is a little parenthesis in eternity.” – Paulo Coelho, The Alchemist
- 42- “We shall not cease from exploration, and the end of all our exploring will be to arrive where we started and know the place for the first time.” – T. S. Eliot
- Beautiful travel quotes that impart wisdom
- Travel Inspirational Quotes
- Travel quotes that inspire people to explore the world
- 43- “No one realizes how beautiful it is to travel until he comes home and rests his head on his old, familiar pillow.” – Lin Yutang
- 44- “Every man can transform the world from one of monotony and drabness to one of excitement and adventure.” – Irving Wallace
- 45- “The life you have led doesn’t need to be the only life you have.” – Anna Quindlen
- 46- “Travel changes you. As you move through this life and this world you change things slightly, you leave marks behind, however small. And in return, life – and travel – leaves marks on you.” – Anthony Bourdain
- 47- “I travel light. I think the most important thing is to be in a good mood and enjoy life, wherever you are.” -Diane von Furstenberg
- 48- “I travel, I read, I write, I have other lives. But when I have a camera, I know that’s my country, my island.”- Leos Carax
- 49- “I have wandered all my life, and I have also traveled; the difference between the two being this, that we wander for distraction, but we travel for fulfilment.”- Hilaire Belloc
- 50- “Travel does what good novelists also do to the life of everyday, placing it like a picture in a frame or a gem in its setting, so that the intrinsic qualities are made more clear. Travel does this with the very stuff that everyday life is made of, giving to it the sharp contour and meaning of art.” ― Freya Stark
- 51- “Traveling – it leaves you speechless, then turns you into a storyteller.” – Ibn Battuta
- 52- “The use of traveling is to regulate imagination by reality, and instead of thinking how things may be, to see them as they are.” – Samuel Johnson
- 53- “Travel is more than the seeing of sights; it is a change that goes on, deep and permanent, in the ideas of living.” – Miriam Beard
- 54- “Your true traveler finds boredom rather agreeable than painful. It is the symbol of his liberty-his excessive freedom. He accepts his boredom, when it comes, not merely philosophically, but almost with pleasure.” – Aldous Huxley
- 55- “We live in a wonderful world that is full of beauty, charm, and adventure. There is no end to the adventures we can have if only we seek them with our eyes open.” – Jawaharlal Nehru
- 56- “We leave something of ourselves behind when we leave a place, we stay there, even though we go away. And there are things in us that we can find again only by going back there.” – Pascal Mercier Author of Night Train to Lisbon
- 57- “The wish to travel seems to me characteristically human: the desire to move, to satisfy your curiosity or ease your fears, to change the circumstances of your life, to be a stranger, to make a friend, to experience an exotic landscape, to risk the unknown.” – Paul Theroux
- 58- “It is always sad to leave a place to which one knows one will never return. Such are the melancholies du voyage: perhaps they are one of the most rewarding things about traveling.” – Gustave Flaubert
- 59- “Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain.” – Jack Kerouac
- 60- “The greatest justification for travel is not self-improvement but rather performing a vanishing act, disappearing without a trace.” – Paul Theroux, Dark Star Safari
- Travel quotes that inspire people to explore the world
- Funny Travel Quotes
- 61- “Plane travel is nature’s way of making you look like your passport photo.” – Al Gore
- 62- “Travelling is the only thing you buy that makes you richer.“ (Unless you bought bitcoin.) – Unknown
- 63- “What fresh Hell is this?” Dorothy Parker.
- 64- “Shouldn’t travel therapy be included in health insurance policies?”
- 66- “When preparing to travel, lay out all your clothes and all your money. Then take half the clothes and twice the money.” – Susan Heller
- 67- “Living on Earth is expensive, but it does include a free trip around the sun every year.”
- 68- “We do not follow maps to buried treasure and X never, ever marks the spot.” – Indiana Jones in Raiders of the Lost Ark
- Travel Quotes for lovers
- These travel quotes will ignite wanderlust in couples
- 69- “Travel is a new experience that can transport you out of your everyday routine to create memories with the ones you love.” -Brian Chesky
- 70- “Who travels for love finds a thousand miles not longer than one.” – Japanese Proverb
- 71- “Some roads aren’t meant to be travelled alone.” – Chinese Proverb
- 72- “Who travels for love finds a thousand miles not longer than one.” – Dutch Proverb
- 73- “A journey is like marriage. The certain way to be wrong is to think you control it.” – John Steinbeck
- 74- “It doesn’t matter where you are going, it’s who you have beside you.” — Anonymous
- These travel quotes will ignite wanderlust in couples
- Family Travel Quotes
- 75- “The greatest legacy we can leave our children is happy memories” – Og Mandino“
- 76- “Two Of The Greatest Gifts We Can Give Our Children Are Roots And Wings.” – Hodding Carter
- 77- “Travel Is Not Reward For Working, It’s Education For Living.” – Anthony Bourdain
- 78- “He who has not traveled widely thinks that his mother is the best cook.” – African Proverb
- 79- “Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow mindedness., and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts.” -Mark Twain
- 80- “When a man is a traveller, the world is his house and the sky is his roof, where he hangs his hat is his home, and all the people are his family.” – Drew Bundini Brown
- 81- “In America there are two classes of travel – first class, and with children.” – Robert Benchley (actor)
- 82- “When preparing to travel, lay out all your clothes and all your money. Then take half the clothes and twice the money.” – Susan Heller
- Solo Travel Quotes
- 83- “To awaken quite alone in a strange town is one of the pleasantest sensations in the world. You are surrounded by adventure.”- Freya Stark
- 84- “I think one travels more usefully when they travel alone, because they reflect more.” — Thomas Jefferson
- 85- “Travel teaches toleration.” – Benjamin Disraeli
- 86- “The man who goes alone can start today, but he who travels with another must wait till that other is ready.” – Henry David Thoreau
- 87- “I can speak to my soul only when the two of us are off exploring deserts or cities or mountains or roads.” – Paulo Coelho
- Thinking of You Quotes
- 88- “In case you ever foolishly forget: I am never not thinking of you.” – Virginia Wolf, Selected Diaries
- 89- “If I have a single flower for every time I think about you, I could walk forever in my garden.” – Claudia Adrienne Grandi
- 90- “I don’t know where you are, but I miss you. I don’t know what you’re doing, but I’m thinking of you.”
- 91- “I keep myself busy with the things I do. But in every moment when I pause, I still think of you.”
- 92- “If I were given a dollar for every time you were in my thoughts, I’d only have one because you never left them.” – Anonymous
- 93- “May brooks and trees and singing hills join in the chorus too, and every gentle wind that blows send happiness to you.” – Irish Blessing
- World Travel Quotes
- 94- “Culture shock is often felt sharply at the borders between countries, but sometimes it doesn’t hit fully until you’ve been in a place for a long time.” – Henri Cartier-Bresson, The Mind’s Eye
- 95- “Now, looking back on my life in Africa, I feel that it might altogether be described as the existence of a person who had come from a rushed and noisy world, into a still country.” – Karen Blixen, Out of Africa
- 96- “The Australians, it seems to me, thrive on their remoteness from the world and see it as a way of keeping up a code of “No worries, mate,” while peddling their oddities to visitors: nonconformity is at once a fact of life for many, and a selling point.” – Pico Iyer, Falling Off the Map
- 97- “If you are planning to travel where corn grows, you should take a sickle with you.” – Ethiopian Proverb
- 98- “Paris is a woman but London is an independent man puffing his pipe in a pub.” Jack Kerouac
- 99- “Paris is always a good idea.” – Audrey Hepburn.
- 100- “You go away for a long time and return a different person – you never come all the way back.” – Paul Theroux, Dark Star Safari
- Travel Quotes That Make You Think
- 100 Awesome Sunset Quotes
- 20 Quotes About Travel With Friends
- 50 Fabulous Family Travel Quotes
- 70 Inspiring Mountain Quotes
- Travel Quotes Web Story
100 Famous Travel Quotes
Travel Quotes That Make You Think
People travel for different reasons, such as to see family and friends, to look for opportunities or to learn about other cultures and even to learn about themselves.
One of the reasons I like travelling so much is that when travelling, it’s easier for me to be whoever I want to me.
This travel quote by travel writer and historian William Least Heat-Moon highlights something about travelling that many of us crave – freedom.
Travelling gives you the freedom of re-inventing yourself and not having to live up to the expectations of your past as the people you meet along the way don’t know you and don’t have preconceived ideas of who you are or who you need to be.
You might also like these travel with friends quotes for more inspiration.
I have visited 60+ countries and territories and contributed hundreds of articles to newspapers, magazines and websites around the world.
This travel quote rings a bell for me as no writer, podcaster or videographer has ever portrayed a place I’ve visited with a 100% match to my take on life.
That’s because we are all individuals with different experiences.
For me, the most exciting part of travelling is arriving in a place that I’ve never been before and even if I’ve researched it or seen it in an award-winning documentary, words and images rarely evoke the emotions of the first contact with a strange land.
Writing or video are one and two-dimensional, whereas standing in the middle of a market in Istanbul in real-life evokes not only your sight and hearing but the five senses kick in.
Your sight, hearing, smell, taste and touch come together to allow you to experience a place in a way it’s just not possible by reading words on a page, no matter how skilful the writer, or watching pictures on a screen no matter how talented the producer.
On a trip to Antarctica, I remember feeling taken aback by the overpowering stench of guano as soon as I stepped off the ship.
The awe of hearing 10,000+ penguins and seals honking, trumpeting, braying (call it whatever you like).
I’ve seen similar scenes on a large screen with surround-sound but nothing has ever come close to the wonder I felt of being there.
However, I’m looking forward to seeing how Virtual Reality might change my thoughts on this subject.
Take some time to reflect upon this travel quote by American travel writer and novelist Paul Theroux.
Ask yourself why you travel and then dig deeper and examine your true motivations.
You may have booked a week in Bali because you feel stressed out and need to get away and being in Bali makes you feel instantly relaxed.
In this case, it might seem that you’re travelling to Bali because you’re stressed but, you’re going there to seek a result – which is the feeling of being relaxed.
Short Travel Quotes
Short travel quotes to use for Instagram and Twitter
4- “Travel makes one modest. You see what a tiny place you occupy in the world.” -Gustav Flaubert
5- “To travel is to live” – Hans Christian Anderson
For most people, going on vacation is something to look forward to.
Being in a different environment is a chance to relax and leave the daily grind behind, let go of stress and forget the routine.
No annoying bosses.
There’s even a study that links happiness and geographical location, showing that people’s tweets get significantly more positive in mood the greater the distance they are from home.
So it appears, we’re least happy at work and most happy when we are farthest from home.
What is it about travel that makes it a happy thing?
Happiness is a concept that is not that easy to define.
6- “Life is either a daring adventure or nothing at all” – Helen Keller
Travel makes it easy to become the kind person who embraces those daring adventures.
This travel quote always makes me think of drifting over one of the world’s greatest wilderness regions, the Maasai Mara, which is an uplifting feeling.
I visited at the start of the migration and floating low above thousands of wildebeests was exhilarating.
Everyone in the basket was happy, including the pilot, and the mood was infectious.
I’d do it again in a heartbeat.
Anyone who has travelled to places where the customs and culture are different will tell you that travelling has a way of putting things into perspective.
Reading about living in an African village or watching a documentary about the landmarks in China doesn’t even come close to being there in person.
Visiting a place where poverty or pollution is everywhere has a way of putting first-world problems into perspective.
After visiting villages, getting to know the locals and seeing how happy the children are, it’s only gracious to be thankful for the life you have.
8- “One’s destination is never a place, but a new way of seeing things.” -Henry Miller
Like the previous travel quote by Marcel Proust, often, when you change your environment, it resets your brain and allows you to see things differently through different eyes.
We’ve all met someone who fits the bill somewhere along the line during our travels and they’re often travelling because their partner or family member made them go.
Usually, these people who whine and complain are not trying to be difficult but are reacting to being way outside of their comfort zone.
If you keep this in mind, instead of avoiding them, take the time to help them see the world in a different light.
You’ll be helping someone break out of their comfort zone as well as create good karma for yourself.
10-“To travel is to discover that everyone is wrong about other countries.” – Aldous Huxley
My husband, Roger, used to travel to London for business every year but for years he avoided travelling to Paris because friends and colleagues had told him that Parisians were arrogant and rude.
When he finally visited Paris, he was pleasantly surprised to find that this was not the case and soon fell in love with France.
So, keep in mind that everyone has a different perception of each place and a wise traveller should never make up their mind about a place based on other people’s experiences.
11- “The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page.” – Agustine of Hippo
The challenge of achieving something you set your mind to is uplifting, especially when it has to do with something in a different place.
Have you ever thought of helping to build an orphanage in Africa or Cambodia?
There’s something deeply satisfying about giving and becoming passionate about making a difference in someone else’s life. .
I never travel without my smartphone as there’s always something interesting to read on Facebook or the web!
Having these technology tools available makes it so easy to navigate your way around the world as an independent traveller.
These days there’s an app for everything, including the weather, maps, news, transport timetables, accommodation bookings and what to see in each place you’re visiting.
So, there’s no excuse to stay at home.
13- “The heaviest baggage for a traveller is an empty wallet.” – English Proverb
While this might have been true in the past, the wonderful thing about technology is it has paved the way for most of us to be able to afford to travel the world.
These days, with some smart planning and saving anyone can go travelling should they wish to.
It’s too comfortable to sit on the couch watching travel programs on television, YouTube or social media.
The best thing to do is to get out of that chair and experience the world.
15- Not all that wander are lost.” – Tolkien
A good way to illustrate this famous travel quote is to think of the gorillas in Uganda that wander around the forest foraging for food.
I wasn’t sure if I’d be able to handle the gruelling trek and sometimes if you’re unlucky, you might have to trek all day to catch a glimpse of the gorillas.
Fortunately, our group was very lucky that day and we only had to trek for 90 minutes.
Even better, later in the day, the gorillas appeared at our camp and chose to spend the night next to my tent.
I often think back to that experience and I’m certain the gorillas knew exactly where they were going.
16- “Live your life by a compass, not a clock.” – Stephen Covey
I have a Fitbit and I wish mine had a compass, which would come in mighty handy as I have a terrible sense of direction and usually can’t tell which direction I’m travelling.
17- “Travel is the only thing you buy that makes you richer.” -Unknown
Well, perhaps travel isn’t the only thing that will make you richer as that depends on how you define “rich”.
If you don’t plan well, travel can be a costly financially but travel certainly offers you rich experiences that will stay with you for the rest of your life.
18- “There Are No Foreign Lands. It Is The Traveler Only Who Is Foreign.” – Robert Louis Stevenson
The state of mind to be in when travelling is to have an open mind towards people and places.
It won’t take you long to realise that even though people may speak a different language, they might look different, dress differently but when you strip away all the material things we are all the same.
By the way, the fairytale building above is in Inner Mongolia, which is part of China.
Famous Quotes About The Journey
19- “The journey is the reward.” – Robert Louis Stevenson
The home of Happy Feet, Antarctica, is a place I often reflect on as memories of watching thousands of penguins never fail to put a smile on my face.
Another of my favourite journeys is around the Galapagos Islands.
There are birds everywhere: trees full of red-footed boobies, tropicbirds, gulls and storm petrels, Nazca boobies sitting on eggs on the ground and chicks peering out from beneath under bushes.
On the Galapagos Islands, animals are everywhere you look.
Seeing a baby sea lion reunite with its mother sticks in my memory.
Travel is about transformation and growth and the journey is the best part of the entire experience.
While planning every minute of your day might be within your comfort zone, try going with the flow occasionally and you might be surprised at what happens.
Often, the experiences that usually stick in your mind are those unexpected, unplanned encounters and experiences.
Years of juggling a successful career leaves you with little time for yourself.
Do you feel like you’ve been asleep or on autopilot for 10, 20 or 30 years?
Sometimes, you might wonder if your life is what it should be. Are there forgotten dreams you would love to achieve?
Perhaps you wanted to be an archaeologist or explore jungles but just hadn’t got around to doing anything about it.
Get out there and create a miracle, give it go, turn on the lights and meet the challenge of those long-cherished travel dreams.
22- “Better to travel hopefully than to arrive” – English proverb
23- “The journey itself is my home.” – Bashō Matsuo
This saying was true for 17th-century Japanese poet of the Edo period who was from Osaka in Japan.
This travel quote is even more relevant in the 21st century when the world has shrunk and many people choose not to have a fixed base.
As technology now allows us to work from anywhere, and many places have shared office facilities where you can rent a desk and internet access for a day, there’s a growing contingent of road warriors who enjoy travelling while working for themselves around the world.
25- “He who does not travel does not know the value of men.” – Moorish proverb
26- “A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.” – Lao Tzu
29- “So shut up, live, travel, adventure, bless and don’t be sorry” – Jack Kerouac
30- “Stop worrying about the potholes in the road and enjoy the journey.”
This relates to any journey, at home or abroad and indeed, life itself can be a journey on a road full of potholes.
So stop struggling and enjoy the journey as the lessons we need to learn are revealed along the way.
Safe Journey Quotes
Quotes To Wish Someone A Safe Journey
36- “A ship in harbor is safe, but that is not what ships are built for” – John A. Shedd
Wise Travel Quotes
Beautiful travel quotes that impart wisdom
38- “Once a year, go somewhere you have never been before.” – Dalai Lama
Whenever someone asks me to name my favourite destination, I always say it’s the last place I’ve been.
That’s because I see the good in every place I visit but ask me where I would like to go next and I’d easily choose a place I’ve never visited before.
A new part of me awakes every time I arrive in a foreign destination.
Every place has a different feel and soaking up the vibe is an interesting experience for curious minds.
39- “Wherever you go becomes a part of you somehow.” – Anita Desai
I love this travel quote by Booker prize winner Anita Desai as every experience contributes something, no matter how small, to your life story and this cannot be undone.
That’s until someone invents memory-erasing technology but even then I think your soul might still know what you’ve seen and where you’ve been.
40- “We travel, some of us forever, to seek other places, other lives, other souls.” –Anais Nin
This travel quote is one to contemplate while visiting remote places, such as the Australian Outback or the wilds of the Yukon or the vast white continent of Antarctica.
Can you think of anywhere else?
Travel Inspirational Quotes
Travel quotes that inspire people to explore the world
A change is as good as a holiday and there’s nothing like travel to open your mind.
45- “The life you have led doesn’t need to be the only life you have.” – Anna Quindlen
This is a travel quote I need to take heed of.
After all these years of travelling, packing light is something I still find extremely difficult.
These days, airline baggage limits force you to pack wisely but it still takes me forever to decide what to take with me and what to leave behind.
Ultimately, I take a lot more than I need.
The best way to pack light is to book a safari with a butler who will wash and iron your khakis every day.
White-sand beaches, aquamarine water and swaying palms.
When I think of an island vacation, Fiji often pops into my mind.
What’s more, the Fijians are a happy lot.
Their laughter and smiles are genuine and filled with warmth.
51- “Traveling – it leaves you speechless, then turns you into a storyteller.” – Ibn Battuta
Life is short and 10 or 15 years can fly past in a flash.
You’ll never remember the mundane things you do each day but you’ll always remember your time in Paris or Bali or Thailand.
So climb that mountain, book that cruise and plan that driving vacation. Do it now!
I don’t like having to be in touch every day while on the road but Wi-Fi makes it hard to vanish without a trace.
That’s one of the benefits of long-distance flights. Sitting in an aircraft for 14 hours has few advantages; however, one of them is you have an excuse not to answer your messages immediately.
Funny Travel Quotes
61- “Plane travel is nature’s way of making you look like your passport photo.” – Al Gore
63- “What fresh Hell is this?” Dorothy Parker.
This one is not a travel quote but a quote that travel writers will understand after returning from a trip, jet-lagged, to a pile of bills, unpaid invoices, rejection slips and deadlines.
64- “Shouldn’t travel therapy be included in health insurance policies?”
67- “Living on Earth is expensive, but it does include a free trip around the sun every year.”
Just make sure you’re not in the same spot on Earth next year!
Travel Quotes for lovers
These travel quotes will ignite wanderlust in couples
Travelling as a couple pushes you to learn new things, to compromise and learn to be patient with one another.
Lots of couples who experience friction in the home find joy in travelling together. Perhaps that’s because:
70- “Who travels for love finds a thousand miles not longer than one.” – Japanese Proverb
71- “Some roads aren’t meant to be travelled alone.” – Chinese Proverb
72- “Who travels for love finds a thousand miles not longer than one.” – Dutch Proverb
74- “It doesn’t matter where you are going, it’s who you have beside you.” — Anonymous
Travelling with kids can be extremely rewarding for the whole family and an experience that will lay the foundation for your child’s future. So, here are some family travel quotes to inspire you to book that next family travel adventure.
75- “The greatest legacy we can leave our children is happy memories” – Og Mandino“
You may not realise that kids adapt to situations so much quicker than adults.
We tend to worry about the weather or the food but kids are experts at taking whatever comes.
We could all learn a lot from this.
76- “Two Of The Greatest Gifts We Can Give Our Children Are Roots And Wings.” – Hodding Carter
77- “Travel Is Not Reward For Working, It’s Education For Living.” – Anthony Bourdain
When you visit a place like Fiji, it can be a culture shock for the family as you will be stunned that the local children don’t have toys, iPods or computer games.
The best education for the kids is to holiday in countries where the children are not as fortunate, and computers and whiteboards are not the norm.
Take then to visit homes where families sleep on the floor.
78- “He who has not traveled widely thinks that his mother is the best cook.” – African Proverb
There’s no better education for a young mind than to visit a foreign land and to learn about another culture.
Kids who travel at a young age learn to open their minds and travel provides a foundation for the best education.
Holidaying abroad will change your children as seeing families that have no furniture yet everyone was smiling will make them question why people at home don’t smile at you in the same way.
Travelling will broaden young minds and your kids will take an interest in other cultures and countries.
They will be more willing to try different types of food and learn about how other people live.
How about encouraging them to donate toys to other children who need them more?
It will help them to be less selfish, a lot more compassionate and less self-centred.
Solo Travel Quotes
85- “Travel teaches toleration.” – Benjamin Disraeli
Thinking of You Quotes
Travelling can mean being away from home for long periods and your family and friends may not be able to go with you.
When you’re away and want to drop a line to the people you care about here are some “Miss You” quotes to write on your e-card or postcard.
Curiously, in French, you don’t say “I miss you”, you say “Tu me manques” which means “you are missing from me.”
It’s so nice to get a text from someone who is thinking of you but if those five simple words aren’t enough, here are a few “thinking of you” quotes that may come in handy during your travels.
World Travel Quotes
98- “Paris is a woman but London is an independent man puffing his pipe in a pub.” Jack Kerouac
99- “Paris is always a good idea.” – Audrey Hepburn.
There’s something about Paris that is eternally alluring, and I can understand why so many famous travel quotes are about Paris.
The travel quotes video in the post was created by InVideo.