It doesn’t matter where you live in the world, the language of the sunset is one that everyone understands. The lure of a sunset can be seen in the stream of sunset photos and inspiring sunset captions on Instagram. Throughout history, the world’s writers and poets have penned beautiful sunset quotes. It’s not surprising, as no matter who you are, watching the sun sink below the horizon as the sky is awash with crimson is a special moment. Spin the globe and pick a place; whether it’s a megacity or a remote desert, a beautiful sunset is one thing you will always find.
Sunsets signify an end to the day and watching a beautiful sunset is a reminder to wind down and reset our souls each day. Gazing at the setting sun is a fantastic way to bring inner peace to your soul. But even if you aren’t able to watch the sunset, reading about the setting sun clears the mind and brings inspiration to the soul.
Sunsets usher in the night, and a sunset symbolises the completion of a day’s work. It represents a passage of time that is but a blip in eternity. The beauty of the setting sun is one of the mysteries of life that also represents harmony and a promise of renewal. Here are 100 sunset quotes to read for inspiration and sunset captions to use with your photos.
- 100 Travel Quotes You Will Love
- 20 Quotes About Travel With Friends
- 100 Sunset Captions and Quotes
- 50 Inspiring Family Travel Quotes
- 70 Famous Mountain Quotes
100 Sunset Quotes and Captions
Romantic Sunset Captions
Did you know someone who loves sunset is called an “Opacarophile”? The tongue-twisting word is a fusion of Latin and Greek. In Latin, “Opacare” means dusk and in Greek, “Phile”, means love.
- I live for sunsets with you.
- The most beautiful sunsets are the ones we share with others.
- A sunset is a fiery kiss before a cool night.
- A scene with a couple walking off into the sunset hand-in-hand adds 10 million to the box office.
- When the skies turn purple or pink, it’s time for a cocktail.
- The first pang of love is like a sunset, a blaze of colours from oranges, pinks and purples.
- Meet me during sunset, where the sky touches the sea and where magic happens.
- Let’s escape to a place where the sun kisses the ocean.
- When someone is in love with a sunset, no one else stands a chance.
- Live by the sun. Love by the moon.
Short Sunset Captions
Sunsets usher in the night and a sunset symbolises the completion of a day’s work. It represents a passage of time that is but a blip in eternity. The beauty of the setting sun is one of the mysteries of life that also represents harmony and a promise of renewal. Here are some short sunset captions.
- We all see the same sunset wherever we are on earth.
- Mother Nature doesn’t need a filter when there’s a beautiful sunset.
- Put up your hand if you watch more sunsets than Netflix.
- Most people have never met a sunset they didn’t like.
- Sunsets are one beautiful thing in life that won’t wait. Go and look at one now.
- Every sunset is an opportunity to reset.
- The only type of sunset I don’t like are the ones I missed.
- When someone asks my favourite colour, I always say ‘sunset.’
- Autumn is a sunset around every corner.
- The night gets steamier when the sun goes down.
- The palette of a sunset would fill a decorator’s colour chart.
Inspirational Sunset Captions
Sunsets have a calming power, and watching a sunset might remind you to be a better person who inspires others, radiates kindness, flows with grace and sees other people through their eyes.
- Sunsets are nature’s way of proving that no matter what happens, every day can end beautifully.
- Every sunset is a great chance to restart your life.
- Lots of things in life can wait, but the sunset won’t, so stop and watch it.
- Sunrise and sunset remind us that there’s a new tomorrow.
- After every sunrise comes a sunset, that is the cycle of life.
- If you could lick the sunset, do you think it would taste like Neapolitan ice cream?
- Don’t waste your sunrises on people who will be gone by sun set.
- Open your soul and breath in the joy of a fantastic sunset wherever you are in the world.
- Let your eyes feast on a sunset and remember that life is precious.
- A crimson sunset will cleanse your soul and fill you with inspiration to charge ahead with your dreams.
- If I could eat a sunset, I bet it would taste like Malaysian Assam laksa, pumpkin pie or sweet potato soup.
- If I could drink a sunset, I bet it would taste like a Mai Tai.
- Beyond the sunset is tomorrow’s wisdom, today is going to be long, long ago.
Beautiful Sunset Captions
Gazing at a sunset opens your heart and allows you to feel the beauty of nature. It’s a way to remove distractions and ascend to a higher level of satisfaction. Use this moment to let your happiness shine and your gratitude for your life on this earth flow through you.
- Sunsets are golden pathways to heaven.
- Sunsets are God’s paintings in the sky.
- At the end of the world, a sunset is like a child smashing a pack of crayons into God’s face.
- To view a sunset while flying in the sky is to discover a heaven on earth.
- A real sunset is a golden explosion behind a mountain silhouette.
- If you climb mountains, you’ll know where the sun goes to sleep.
- A mellow sunset is like drinking good wine on a balmy summer day.
- Sunset is the prelude to the music of the night.
- Don’t waste your life. Get out there and do whatever your heart desires before the sun sets on your soul.
- Even the palest sunset can uplift your soul.
- The beauty of a sunset needs no words to describe.
- Sunsets are beautiful works of nature’s art.
- You don’t need beautiful weather to experience the joy of a sunset but you do need a beautiful heart.
- A sunset is nature’s way of showing us what’s important in life: endings, beginnings, change and transformation.
Beach Sunset Captions
- That crazy little sun of a beach.
- Shout out to mother nature.
- Meet me where the sun sets and the sky touches the sea.
- Watching the sunset on the beach is a dream.
- A beach sunset helps you appreciate small moments of happiness, for they are so important.
- Beaches and sunsets are two things you will find wherever you go in the world.
- The best things about beaches and sunsets are they are free to enjoy.
Romantic Sunset Quotes
Sunsets evoke positive emotions and bring out romantic feelings. They create magical moments that amplify the love people have for one another. There’s something romantic about watching a sunset with the one you love.
“The sky has changed from orange to a hundred shades of pink to a dark navy blue, and here I am still loving you.” – A.Y.
“The first stab of love is like a sunset, a blaze of color — oranges, pearly pinks, vibrant purples…” – Anna Godbersen.
“That was her magic – she could still see the sunset, even on the darkest days.” – Atticus.
“Her heart was made of liquid sunsets.” – Virginia Woolf.
“I don’t know how long we stay that way, but we watch the sun go down together. The giant, burnt-orange sphere sinks towards the horizon, colouring the rock layers until it’s gone and the canyon is covered in shadow.” ― Jennifer Salvato Doktorski, How My Summer Went Up in Flames.
“And yet day and night meet fleetingly at twilight and dawn,” he said, lowering his voice again and narrowing his eyes and moving his head a quarter of an inch closer to hers. “And their merging sometimes affords the beholder the most enchanted moments of all the twenty-four hours. A sunrise or sunset can be ablaze with brilliance and arouse all the passion, all the yearning, in the soul of the beholder.” ― Mary Balogh, A Summer to Remember.
Short Sunset Quotes
“Because when you stop and look around, this life is pretty amazing.” — Dr. Seuss.
“As long as I gaze on Waterloo sunset, I am in paradise.” – The Kinks.
“Every sunset brings the promise of a new dawn.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson.
“There is nothing more musical than a sunset.” – Claude Debussy.
“Ô, Sunlight! The most precious gold to be found on Earth.” ― Roman Payne.
“Sunset is a wonderful opportunity for us to appreciate all the great things the sun gives us!” ― Mehmet Murat Ildan.
“My soul is an empty carousel at sunset.” – Pablo Neruda.
Inspirational Sunset Quotes
“It is almost impossible to watch a sunset and not dream.” — Bern Williams.
“I like people who get excited about the change of seasons, the sound of the ocean, watching a sunset, the smell of rain, and starry nights.” — Brooke Hampton.
“When the sun has set, no candle can replace it.” ― George R.R. Martin.
“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” – Maya Angelou.
“Scattered with poppies, the golden-green waves of the cornfields faded. The red sun seemed to tip one end of a pair of scales below the horizon, and simultaneously to lift an orange moon at the other. Only two days off the full, it rose behind a wood, swiftly losing its flush as it floated up, until the wheat loomed out of the twilight like a metallic and prickly sea.” ― Patrick Leigh Fermor, Between the Woods and the Water.
“Truth is like the sun. You can shut it out for a time, but it ain’t goin’ away.” – Elvis Presley.
“Every one of a hundred thousand cities around the world had its own special sunset and it was worth going there, just once, if only to see the sun go down.” — Ryu Murakami.
“There’s a sunrise and a sunset every single day, and they’re absolutely free. Don’t miss so many of them.” ― Jo Walton.
“Never waste any amount of time doing anything important when there is a sunset outside that you should be sitting under!” ― C. JoyBell C.
“Know what you want to do, hold the thought firmly, and do every day what should be done, and every sunset will see you that much nearer the goal.” ― Elbert Hubbard.
“Sunset is always wiser than sunrise because sunset has added the experience of an entire day to his soul!” ― Mehmet Murat ildan
Beautiful Sunset Quotes
“It was sunsets that taught me that beauty sometimes only lasts for a couple of moments, and it was sunrises that showed me that all it takes is patience to experience it all over again.” — A.J. Lawless
“The sky broke like an egg into full sunset and the water caught fire.” – Pamela Hansford Johnson.
“The sky, at sunset, looked like a carnivorous flower.” ― Roberto Bolaño.
“Sunsets are proof that endings can often be beautiful too.” — Beau Taplin.
“Dusk is just an illusion because the sun is either above the horizon or below it. And that means that day and night are linked in a way that few things are there cannot be one without the other yet they cannot exist at the same time. How would it feel I remember wondering to be always together yet forever apart?” ― Nicholas Sparks, The Notebook.
“That was her magic — she could still see the sunset, even on those darkest days.” — Atticus.
“The sunrise paints the sky with pinks and the sunset with peaches.” – Vera Nazarian.
“Clouds come floating into my life, no longer to carry rain or usher storm but to add colour to my sunset sky.” – Rabindranath Tagore, Stray Birds.
“Don’t forget, beautiful sunsets need cloudy skies.” — Paulo Coelho.
“Harry looked down and saw deep green mountains and lakes, coppery in the sunset.” ― J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows.
“Call for the grandest of all earthly spectacles, what is that? It is the sun going to his rest.” ― Thomas de Quincey.
“I love sunrises and sunsets. But what I really love is the space that I have in-between them to do something incredible.” ― Craig D. Lounsbrough.
“The only place where the sun doesn’t come up is in the middle of an attitude that says it won’t come up. But even there it comes up. It’s just that we refused to look up.” ― Craig D. Lounsbrough.
“Watching the sunset is like watching a beautiful kid die for a good cause.” ― Darnell Lamont Walker.
“Get outside. Watch the sunrise. Watch the sunset. How does that make you feel? Does it make you feel big or tiny? Because there’s something good about feeling both.” ― Amy Grant.
“Your choice between sunrise or sunset depends on your attitude.” ― Ibn Jee.
“Sunset is still my favorite color, and rainbow is second.” ― Mattie Stepanek.