Macao is a fast-growing culinary hotspot in Asia, with an impressive rollcall of top international chefs. Here’s a delicious crab tartar and avocado salad recipe by Chef Alex Gasper from La Chine restaurant at The Parisian Macao.
Crab meat tartar with avocado, cherry tomatoes and black vinegar caviar recipe
Recipe serves four as an appetiser
- 400g Mud crab or Dungeness Crab meat
- 100g cherry tomatoes (sliced lengthwise 5mm thick)
- 100g avocado guacamole
- 1pc spring onion (sliced thinly)
- 80g Mini salad greens (mix of Frisee, Mizuna, Arugula, Shiso)
- 50g black vinegar caviar (I make this myself using a technique called specification and it adds a special vibrant finishing touch to the dish, for home use I suggest to use store-bought balsamic caviar pearls or substitute with crab roe to simplify)
- 100g Sesame vinaigrette (recipe to follow)
- 20g sesame seeds
• Place the sliced tomatoes around the inside of a ring cutter (about 8cm diameter would be ideal.)
• Dress the crab meat lightly with the sesame vinaigrette and press it into the rings, maintaining the tomatoes around the inside of the cutter, press gently just so that the crab meat will retain its shape.
• Using a spatula, lift the ring carefully and place on your serving plate, remove the ring cutter and top the crab tartar with a tablespoon of the avocado guacamole and a teaspoon of the black vinegar caviar or crab roe.
• Decorate the tartar with the salad greens and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
• Drizzle a tablespoon of the remaining vinaigrette around the tartar.
Sesame Vinaigrette ingredients
- 10g crushed garlic
- 50g sugar
- 50g oyster sauce
- 30g sesame oil
- 120g plum sauce
- 40g soya sauce
- 300g lemon juice
- Put all the ingredients into a blender, except for the sesame oil.
- Blend until all ingredients are well mixed.
- Slowly drizzle in the sesame oil to lightly emulsify the dressing.
Share this Image On Your Site
<p><strong>Please include attribution to https://travel2next.com/ with this graphic.</strong></p><br />
<p><a href="https://travel2next.com/crab-tartar-and-avocado-salad-recipe/"><img src="https://cdn.travel2next.com/wp-content/uploads/crab-tatare-800.jpg" alt="Crab and Avocado Salad Recipe" border="0" /></a></p><br />