One of Florida’s most popular cities is full of sporting stadiums, museums, cool bars and opportunities for outdoor adventures. The city of Tampa, Florida has gained nicknames such as Florida’s Suncoast, Cigar City, Lightning Capital of the World and The Big Guava. Each of these nicknames comes from Tampa’s weather, natural resources and businesses that were started in the area during its beginning years. Of course, the difference between Tampa at night and during the day is, well, day and night.
Exploring Tampa at night can open you up to a whole new world of possibilities. Whether you’re interested in lively clubs, sipping specialty cocktails, or getting a new point of view when it comes to the native species, we’re sure that Tampa’s after-hour activities are sure to please. If you’re looking for the best spots to check out for a night out on the town in Tampa, we’ve got a list of the 20 best things to do in Tampa at night.
- Tampa at Night
- Top Tours
- 20 Things To Do In Tampa
- 1- Explore Ybor City’s Historic District
- 2- Go On A Night Cruise of Tampa Bay
- 3- Enjoy Sunset Views at Bayshore Boulevard
- 4- See The Tampa Riverwalk In A New Light
- 5- Attend a Live Show at The Straz Center
- 6- Experience Nightlife in SoHo
- 7- Stroll Along Curtis Hixon Waterfront Park
- 8- Catch A Baseball Or Hockey Game
- 9- Enjoy Jazz At The Independent Bar and Cafe
- 10- Dance The Night Away At Club Prana
- 11- Dine At The Historic Columbia Restaurant
- 12- Enjoy A Nighttime Paddleboarding Session At Julian B. Lane Riverfront Park
- 13- Send Your Taste Buds On A Ride
- 14- Sip Cocktails At A Rooftop Lounge
- 15- Try Your Luck At Seminole Hard Rock Hotel And Casino
- 16- Watch A Movie At The Tampa Theatre
- 17- Taste Local Craft Beers At Cigar City Brewing
- 18- Sleepover At The Florida Aquarium
- 19- Adventure On A Nighttime Safari At ZooTampa
- 20- Appreciate The Arts With A Nighttime Art Walk In Seminole Heights
Tampa at Night
20 Things To Do In Tampa
1- Explore Ybor City’s Historic District
You can explore Ybor City’s historic district during the day, but this area of town truly comes alive at night.
7th Avenue, also known as “La Setima,” is the heart of Ybor’s nightlife, packed with bars, clubs and restaurants to enjoy.
Some of the best spots are the live music venues such as The Ritz, Hooch and Hive, and The Attic, or the Latin clubs that pump out dance music.
You’ll find thrills and excitement around every corner in this historic district which is one of Tampa’s gems.
Ybor City’s Historic District is at E 7th Ave, Tampa, FL 33605.
Recommended tour: Shared Ybor City Historic Walking Tour
2- Go On A Night Cruise of Tampa Bay
Cruising Tampa Bay is a great way to see the city in a new light and you’ll find different cruise styles to fit your perfect adventure.
If you want spectacular views, consider a sunset cruise, or, if you’re looking for a more lively atmosphere, let your hair down on a party cruise.
Depending on which charter company you choose, you’ll be with a small group or you can even book a private charter.
Prices will vary based on date and experience but usually range from about $50 to $100 a person.
We recommend booking your cruise in advance as this is a popular activity.
3- Enjoy Sunset Views at Bayshore Boulevard
Bayshore Boulevard is the world’s longest continuous sidewalk, making it the perfect spot to enjoy sunset views during a stroll.
You’ll commonly find walkers, joggers, bikers, and rollerbladers along the route.
Bayshore Boulevard runs along Hillsborough Bay and features access to many waterfront parks and local landmarks including the Tampa Yacht and Country Club, the Gasparilla Pirate Ship, and the historic Bayshore Little League Ballpark.
As the sun sets over the Tampa area, you’ll be in awe of the beautiful Tampa skyline from this iconic walkway.
Recommended tour: Downtown Tampa Historic Walking Tour
4- See The Tampa Riverwalk In A New Light
When the sun goes down at the Tampa Riverwalk, the popular pedestrian park comes to life with vibrant lights that create a unique atmosphere.
Street performers and musicians provide live entertainment, adding to the fun.
Along the riverwalk, you can find restaurants, bars and cafes.
This spot is one of our favorites for a romantic date or family stroll.
The Tampa Riverwalk is at 100 N Ashley Dr, Tampa, FL 33602.
Recommended tour: Tampa Riverwalk Smartphone Audio Walking Tour
5- Attend a Live Show at The Straz Center
The Straz Center for the Performing Arts is in the heart of downtown Tampa and a cultural hub that is one of the largest performing arts complexes in the state.
The Straz has five theatres, including the Carol Morsani Hall, which is known to host Broadway shows and other grand performances.
You can also see concerts, dance performances, plays and more at the Straz.
Shows are world-class and we recommend checking the calendar of events and booking your ticket ahead of time.
The Straz Center For Performing Arts is at 1010 N Macinnes Pl, Tampa, FL 33602.
6- Experience Nightlife in SoHo
Short for “South Howard,” Soho is one of Tampa’s best nightlife districts, second only to Ybor City.
in Hyde Park within close proximity to the University of Tampa, you will find the college crowd hanging out in this neighborhood.
The eclectic atmosphere has interesting cocktail lounges, live music venues, and famous DJ appearances.
Recommended tour: Tampa Bar Hunt: Tampa Takeover Bar Crawl
7- Stroll Along Curtis Hixon Waterfront Park
Overlooking Hillsborough Bay, Curtis Hixon Waterfront Park is the best spot to enjoy the natural beauty of Tampa.
Picnics, family reunions and casual games of catch are sights to see on the abundant green spaces of the park.
There’s also a playground and a dog park.
If you are exploring at night, take advantage of the beautiful views or attend one of the festivals and community events in the park.
Curtis Hixon Waterfront Park is free to enter and open until 10 pm at 600 N Ashley Dr, Tampa, FL 33602.
8- Catch A Baseball Or Hockey Game
Tampa is big on its sports, so whether you’re interested in baseball or hockey, this city has got you covered with some athletic excitement.
Tropicana Field is home to the Tampa Bay Rays and features a dome ceiling, which is a great feature that allows you to enjoy the air conditioner on those hot summer nights.
One of our favourite features of Tropicana Field is the interactive Rays Touch Experience, where visitors can learn about and touch Cownose Stingrays that are cared for by the Florida Aquarium staff.
Amalie Arena is a state-of-the-art facility where you can find NHL’s Tampa Bay Lightning.
The stadium seats over 19,000 people and usually sold out.
A unique feature is the Tesla coils that shoot lightning bolts during games.
The Amalie Arena is at 401 Channelside Dr, Tampa, FL 33602.
Tropicana Field is at 1 Tropicana Dr., St. Petersburg, FL 33705.
9- Enjoy Jazz At The Independent Bar and Cafe
The Independent Bar and Cafe, known as “The Indie,” is an iconic bar and cafe that is a haven for beer enthusiasts as it has an extensive selection of craft beers, ciders and imported brews.
The cosy atmosphere and relaxed outdoor seating area makes it a quintessential Florida spot to sip beer and enjoy live performances of well-known and upcoming Indie music artists.
The Indie is open late, even on weekdays, at at 5016 N Florida Ave, Tampa, FL 33603.
10- Dance The Night Away At Club Prana
Club Prana is a popular nightlife destination in Tampa’s Ybor City and a unique venue offering a multi-level experience.
The club has five levels, each with different music genres and vibes, so you can feel like you’re going to five different clubs in one.
The rooftop bar and lounge provide a scenic view of the city.
Club Prana is also known for its themed nights and special events, including Latin nights and guest DJs, which make it even more dynamic.
It’s no wonder this is one of the most popular choices for a night out in Tampa.
Club Prana is at 1619 E 7th Ave, Tampa, FL 33605.
11- Dine At The Historic Columbia Restaurant
Having dinner at The Columbia Restaurant isn’t just a meal, it’s an experience.
The Columbia Restaurant is the oldest restaurant in Florida, founded in 1905 by Cuban immigrant Casimiro Hernandez Sr.
The restaurant is known for its Spanish and Cuban flavours blend, especially its popular 1905 Salad or the Cuban Sandwich.
The rich history of this restaurant vibrates through the cuisine, atmosphere, and decor, making it a Tampa staple.
The Columbia Restaurant is open daily from 11 am to 9 pm at at 2117 E 7th Ave, Tampa, FL 33605.
Book tickets to Tampa Restaurant Week
12- Enjoy A Nighttime Paddleboarding Session At Julian B. Lane Riverfront Park
Paddleboarding at night can be a serene and unique experience that gives you a different perspective on the park and the wildlife that lives there.
The 25-acre (10 ha) park has tons of activities including a splash pad, dog park, and paddle rentals.
The park closes at 10 pm, which gives you plenty of time to explore the waters after sunset.
You can paddle alone, with a small group, or attend the specific Sunrise and Moon Paddle Events held at the park which bring large groups to the park.
Julian B. Lane Riverfront Park is at 1001 N Blvd, Tampa, FL 33607.
13- Send Your Taste Buds On A Ride
These two establishments are well-known in Tampa for a good reason.
If you’re looking for a culinary gem that provides a captivating dining experience with a Native American flare, head to Ulele restaurant on Highland Avenue for alligator hushpuppies.
If you want a more casual atmosphere, Taco Bus is the place for you.
This converted school bus is the top spot for late-night tacos in the Tampa area.
There are two locations, so no matter where you are hanging out in the city, you’re probably near a Taco Bus.
Ulele is at 1810 N Highland Ave, Tampa, FL 33602.
Taco Bus is at 505 N. Franklin St, Tampa, FL 33602 or 913 E Hillsborough Ave, Tampa, FL 33604.
14- Sip Cocktails At A Rooftop Lounge
Tampa has plenty of rooftop bars to explore, you could probably spend an entire night on a rooftop crawl.
EDGE Social Drinkery is a chic bar on the top of the Epicurean Hotel, M. Bird offers panoramic views of the Hillsborough River from the top of the Armature Works building.
If you want to head to the other side of the bay, we suggest checking out The Canopy at The Birchwood, which is a great spot for rooftop views, signature cocktails, and awesome happy-hour bites.
15- Try Your Luck At Seminole Hard Rock Hotel And Casino
The Seminole Hard Rock Hotel and Casino is a great place to have some fun.
Guests of the hotel and visitors can enjoy the thrill of gambling with popular casino games such as slot machines, poker, blackjack, and roulette.
This is considered one of the best casinos in all of Florida.
If you have a room reserved, be sure to check out the hotel amenities such as award-winning restaurants, fun bars, lounges featuring live entertainment, and a spa.
Just don’t forget to cash out when all the fun is done.
Seminole Hard Rock Hotel and Casino is at 5223 Orient Rd, Tampa, FL 33610.
16- Watch A Movie At The Tampa Theatre
The Tampa Theater is a historic landmark that was built in 1926 in the heart of Downtown Tampa.
The stunning auditorium hosts more than 700 events each year, including new and classic films, concerts, special events, corporate events, tours, and educational programs.
Attending an event at the Tampa Theater is an unforgettable experience and gives you a look at the history of this bustling city.
Be sure to check the calendar of events to find a program that you’re interested in.
The Tampa Theater is at 711 N Franklin St, Tampa, FL 33602.
17- Taste Local Craft Beers At Cigar City Brewing
Remember when we said Cigar City is a nickname for Tampa? Well, we weren’t kidding.
The Tampa-based brewing company is a well-known craft brewery that was founded in 2007.
The name comes from the production of cigars that put Tampa on the map.
The brewery features a wide range of locally crafted beers to sip.
There is also a tasting room that rotates exclusive seasonal and new brews or you can get a behind-the-scenes peek on a brewery tour.
Cigar City Brewing is open daily from 11 am to 10 pm and until 11 pm on Friday and Saturday at 3924 W Spruce St, Tampa, FL 33607.
18- Sleepover At The Florida Aquarium
The Florida Aquarium has a collection of more than 20,000 aquatic animals, the largest in Tampa.
During the day, you can see various fish, coral, sea turtles, and sharks to name a few.
The aquarium already takes its exhibits to the next level with a 4D theater that plays educational films, an outdoor water park for kids, and dolphin tours.
If you want to see what happens at the aquarium at night, you can even have a sleepover with the fish.
Gather a sleeping bag and a few friends to enjoy a guided informational session on the animals, a stroll through the wetlands, a late-night snack, and admission to the aquarium the next day so you can fully experience all that the aquatic center has to offer.
The cost for a fishy sleepover is $50 per person and is so popular you should book three weeks in advance.
The Florida Aquarium is at 701 Channelside Dr, Tampa, FL 33602. Skip the line and book your ticket here.
19- Adventure On A Nighttime Safari At ZooTampa
ZooTampa normally closes at 5 pm but there are tons of events that keep the animal adventures going into the night.
See nocturnal animals out and about on a nighttime safari, see creepy ghouls and goblins during the month of October for the zoo’s Creatures of the Night Halloween Event, or enjoy up-close wildlife encounters, unlimited drinks and food trucks, live music performances, and fun games with a 21+ crowd at ZooBrews.
The events at ZooTampa vary based on date and time, if you are interested in attending a night event, be sure to check the calendar and purchase tickets in advance.
These event tickets will be a separate purchase from a general admission ticket.
ZooTampa at Lowry Park is at 1101 W Sligh Ave, Tampa, FL 33604.
20- Appreciate The Arts With A Nighttime Art Walk In Seminole Heights
The Art Walk in Seminole Heights is an awesome event that lets you discover new art and artists, interact with artists, enjoy delicious food vendors and participate in creating a welcoming community atmosphere in Tampa.
The Seminole Heights Art Walk takes place on specific nights, so be sure to check the calendar of events to see if an art walk is scheduled during your visit.
Art Walk is at 700 Post Harbor Drive, Tampa, FL 33506.
For more exciting cities at night, read:
- 20 Things To Do In Boston At Night
- 21 Things To Do In Los Angeles At Night
- 20 Things To Do In San Francisco At Night
- 20 Things To Do In London At Night
- 15 Things To Do In Rome At Night
- 16 Things To Do In Melbourne At Night
- 20 Things To Do In New York At Night
- 20 Things To Do In Miami At Night
- 22 Things To Do In Pittsburgh At Night
- 20 Things To Do In New Orleans At Night
- 20 Things To Do In Atlanta At Night
- 26 Things To Do In Toronto At Night
- 20 Things To Do In Vancouver At Night
- 20 Things To Do In Mexico City At Night
- 20 Things To Do In Detroit At Night
- 20 Things To Do In Nashville At Night
- 20 Things To Do In Portland At Night
- 20 Things To Do In Barcelona At Night
- 20 Things To Do In Lisbon At Night
- 20 Things To Do In Athens At Night
- 20 Things To Do In Manhattan At Night
- 20 Things To Do In Cairo At Night
- 20 Things To Do In Krakow At Night
- 20 Things To Do In Seoul At Night
- 20 Things To Do In Shanghai At Night
- 20 Things To Do In Kuala Lumpur At Night
- 20 Things To Do In Beijing At Night
- 20 Things To Do In Kyoto At Night
- 20 Things To Do In Munich At Night
- 17 Things To Do In Ibiza At Night
- 20 Things To Do In Mumbai At Night
- 19 Things To Do In Montreal At Night
- 20 Things To Do In Dubai At Night
- 20 Things To Do In Delhi At Night
- 20 Things To Do In San Antonio At Night
- 20 Things To Do In Chiangmai At Night
- 20 Things In Tampa At Night
- 20 Things To Do In Sydney At Night
- 20 Things To Do In Paris At Night
- 25 Things To Do In Tokyo At Night
- 20 Things To Do In Houston At Night
- 24 Things To Do In Dallas At Night
- 20 Things To Do In Chicago At Night
- Macau Nightlife
- 23 Things To Do In Hong Kong At Night
- 20 Things To Do In Las Vegas At Night
- 20 Things To Do In San Diego At Night
- 20 Things To Do In Seattle At Night
- 20 Things To Do In Philadelphia At Night
- 20 Things To Do In Orlando At Night
- 20 Things To Do In Berlin At Night
- 20 Things To Do In Prague At Night
- 20 Things To Do In Denver At Night
- 20 Things To Do In Istanbul At Night
- 20 Things To Do In Venice At Night
- 20 Things To Do In Budapest At Night
- 20 Things To Do In Madrid At Night
- 20 Things To Do In Rio At Night
- 20 Things To Do In Bangkok At Night
- 20 Things To Do In Reykjavik At Night
- 20 Things To Do In Dublin At Night
- 20 Things To Do In Brussels At Night
- 20 Things To Do In Milan At Night
- 20 Things To Do In St Augustine At Night
- 20 Things To Do In Osaka At Night
- 20 Things To Do In Niagara Falls At Night
- 20 Things To Do At Night In Florence
- 20 Things To Do In St Louis At Night
- 20 Things To Do in Cleveland At Night
- 20 Things To Do In Doha At Night
- 20 Things To Do In Copenhagen At Night
- 20 Things To Do In Ottawa At Night
- 20 Things To Do In Bali At Night